Many changes have been made to the 2018 Labor Day Bridge Walk. The most significant changes are the elimination of shuttle transportation for walkers, the start point of the walk is now in both Mackinaw City and St. Ignace, and to be able to walk the entire bridge walkers must be at the midpoint of the bridge by 10am and have their own transportation back to their vehicle. To help those that would like to have the experience of walking the entire bridge, this Labor Day, Shepler’s Ferry is excited to be offering three direct departures that morning. Join them and enjoy a complete walk from peninsula to peninsula. See the schedule below:
- 6:00 am – Departure from Mackinaw City to St. Ignace
- 6:30 am – Departure from St. Ignace to Mackinaw City
- 7:00 am – Departure from Mackinaw City to St. Ignace
- $20.00 per adult
- $10.00 per child (ages 5-12)
- Free for children under 5 years of age. Tickets for the Labor Day direct departures are only available online and are non-refundable unless the walk is canceled. Tickets will be sold for the capacity of each departure.
Shepler’s is encouraging guests to walk between their St. Ignace dock and Little Bear Arena, where shuttles will be available to take guests to the north end of the bridge. Shepler’s will be offering limited transportation between their dock and Little Bear Arena. If walking from Mackinaw City, guests can take a shuttle from the north end of the bridge to Little Bear Arena and walk to the St. Ignace dock.
Guests wishing to walk the entire bridge and then visit Mackinac Island may simply purchase a regular round-trip ticket and “boat hop” via the island. Visit sheplersferry.com/schedule to view our regular printed schedule for Labor Day.
Guests are encouraged to direct questions to 800.828.6157 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit their website sheplersferry.com, or follow their social channels for updates.