Chalk the Block: St. Joseph
- Need a summer boredom buster for your family before the back-to-school crunch begins? St. Joseph, Mich., is hosting its 22nd Annual Chalk the Block Aug. 3 – Aug. 5.
- This free event brings in regional artists who create chalk masterpieces downtown on Broad St., between Lake Blvd. and State St. Various other professional chalk artists are coming in from across the country to participate in this event.
- Event goers can also vote for their favorite artist renderings in the People’s Choice vote. Tickets will be sold at the People’s Choice Tent on Broad St. for one dollar each from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. One dollar equals one vote towards the favored artist; the artist with the most tickets by the end of the weekend wins the People’s Choice Award.
- Chalk art isn’t the only entertainment planned. Additional weekend activities include lighthouse and heritage walking tours, a farmers market, antiques on the bluff, Friday and Sunday concerts, and free horse-drawn trolley rides around this Victorian-era downtown.
- New this year, St. Joseph Today and North Pier Brewing have collaborated for a special beer release. “Chalk the Beer can be found on tap at North Pier Brewing starting July 19,” said Amy Zapal, executive director, St. Joseph Today. “It’s a peach and pineapple beer that tastes like summer! There is a limited supply so make sure you get a pint while supplies last.”
Unity Christian Music Festival
- The Unity Christian Music Festival is THE “Family Affordable” event of the summer in West Michigan. Join us for music, food, fun, and fellowship August 8th – 11th!
- Our main headliners this year are: CROWDER, Mercy Me, Casting Crowns, & For King & Country
- At Heritage Landing in Muskegon
- Day Zero (Wednesday) Is a “pre-event” for anyone that would like to experience what Unity Christian Music Festival is all about! We offer it FREE to anyone who wants to come, there is no ticket required for this night!
- Food and Beverage: We offer many different food and beverage options at Unity Christian Music Festival. We have great vendors from all over the state that provide a variety of options for our 60,000 guests. We also offer the Meijer family affordable food tent.
- Hey 5k:HeyRadio 88.9 FM would like to invite you to a 5K run, walk or watch event Saturday, August 8th.
- The Hideout Tent: Want to get away from all the people? Interested in hearing new artist? The hideout tent offers a different environment. Check out our game area or relax in our lounge area all while listening to some great artists! Find more information about the Hideout Tent here.
- MI Blood: Come support West Michigan and Unity Christian Music Festival. Donating blood at Unity is a great way to give back but MI Blood will also pay you! For every person attempting to give blood at the event, MIBlood will donate $10 to the Unity ministry partner of your choice!
- Unity Praise Choir: Since 2007 the Unity choir has been a picture of our heart. We are able to feature people in our community coming together to lift high the name of Jesus. Over 20 area churches make up the choir. Join Unity Praise and Joel Weldon as they kick off each day of the Festival.
- Get tickets on their website before August 8th to save: available for one, two, or three day passes
Thornapple Brewing: Trivia & Brunch
- Thornapple Brewing is located in Cascade off 28th Street
- Hosts free live trivia nights on Tuesday at 7pm. Get there early to grab a spot: the top two teams get free prizes!
- Sunday Brunch & Bloody Mary Bar: Brunch Menu & Bloody Mary Bar every Sunday – Choose from chicken and waffles, quiche, fresh fruit, egg scrambles and of course a FULLY STOCKED JUMBO BLOODY MARY BAR – We use only the best ingredients, and our vodka / rum is distilled right here at Thornapple Brewing Co.
Glow Night at TreeRunner Grand Rapids Adventure Park
- TreeRunner Grand Rapids is open for the season and that means that our ever so popular GLOW NIGHT IS BACK!! This means LED lights throughout the trees, enhancing your climb every step of the way!
- TreeRunner Grand Rapids Adventure Park is a premier aerial adventure park in West Michigan. With over 60 exciting obstacles and zip lines, three difficulty levels, and seven different courses, there is plenty to explore! New kids’ area this year.
- Experience our unique course in the trees on your own, or with friends and family! This is the perfect outdoor adventure for birthday parties, team building, school field trips, and special events.
- Located at East Beltline and Knapp corner behind Celebration Cinema North. Contact us to book your experience at TreeRunner Grand Rapids Adventure Park today!
- Be sure to reserve your tickets for these awesome Friday and Saturday night Glow Nights in advance, as they sell out quickly! Runs through the weekend after Labor Day.
- Glow Night is from 5:30-10pm. The last tickets are sold at 8pm!