Coming soon: Ottawa Beach Marina
Construction is expected to begin on the new Ottawa Beach Marina in mid-October, with plans to open spring 2019, but preparations have already begun for next season’s marina customers.
The Ottawa Beach Marina will have 15 seasonal slips, four moorings, and 26 transient slips. As stipulated by a 2005 court agreement, members of the West Michigan Park Association were given the first opportunity to reserve seasonal slips at market rate. At this time, up to seven seasonal slips and two moorings are still available for rent for the 2019 season. Due to the anticipated interest in slips, they will be available via a lottery.
The 26 transient slips will be managed by Ottawa County Parks and fees are recommended to follow the State Fee Schedule C for transient slips in Michigan.
Transient slips will be a great opportunity for visitors in the area to enjoy Holland from the water, especially if they are staying in campgrounds near the Holland State Park or renting cottages near the beach. Residents who may not be interested in paying for a seasonal slip may enjoy having the option to keep their boat in the water during a long weekend or stay-cation. There is not a boat launch on-site; trailer storage will likely be available. More information coming soon.
Ottawa Beach Marina Seasonal Slip Information
- Slips are non-transferable
- Lottery entries are due by August 2 at 11:59 pm. Drawings will be made on August 3.
- A 25% deposit will be required by August 17, 2018 to secure your slip (unpaid deposit will result in a loss of reservation).
We intend to start construction immediately after October 15 and have the marina operational by Memorial Day of 2019. If the season is shorter due to construction delays, we will adjust marina rent in weekly increments based on a season running from May 20 through September 17.
We will do all we can to be open by Memorial Day and we will keep in touch with our slip renters as to how the project is proceeding.
• Docks will be fixed, not floating. Please note that the location of the seasonal slips is east of the private residence (see layout). Seasonal marina patrons will park in the lot and walk via the public walkway to the marina. There is no access along waterfront in front of the private residence.
• Slip rates are $100 per foot with an overall rate based on the size of the boat or slip, whichever is larger.
• Boats (including platforms and sprits, etc) may extend up to 10% beyond the dock length on the 40’ slips. Smaller boats are welcome in the 40′ slip, but the minimum rate is $4,000 a season.
• Moorings are priced at $40/foot; dinghy storage is included.
• One parking space per slip will be provided in a dedicated parking lot. The first five spaces in the lot will be public parking for a public kayak launch located on the transient dock. No marina patrons will be allowed to park in public spaces.
• A new building will include a small marina office, plus private restrooms and showers for marina patrons. Separate public restrooms will also be available in the building. A “for fee” washer and dryer will be provided, plus vending machines and ice.
• Electrical service will be provided on a charge-back basis. Water service will be provided at no additional cost, as will wireless internet. A pump out station will be provided.
• Available slip sizes
- 30’ slip – 0 available (Please note slips were first made available to WMPA as stipulated by a 2005 court agreement; currently 8 of the 15 are reserved at market rate by WMPA. More info can be found below).
- 40’ slip – 6 available
- 75’ slip – 1 available
- Mooring – 2 available
To enter into the 2019 Marina Slip Lottery, complete the online application by August 2 at 11:59 pm.Drawings will be made on August 3.