- May 5-13 in Holland: Kinderplaats, Carnival, Dutch Dancing
- Two new ways to enjoy the tulips this year:
- Yoga In The Tulips: Here’s a soothing way to wind down and take in the beauty of the tulips as they surround you during Yoga in the Tulips. Join Jessica Bradley from Happy Soul Yoga as she leads you through a gentle yoga flow that is perfect for beginners to experienced yogis. This is a light-hearted, growth-focused session that will leave you totally relaxed.
- The event will be held outdoors at two of the City of Holland’s most spectacular tulip gardens – Window on the Waterfront and Centennial Park. The program is offered on Mon., May 7 from 7-8p and Sun., May 13 from 10-11a, both at Window on the Waterfront. A third session will be held adjacent to the Moederdag Market (Mother’s Day Market) in Centennial Park on Sun., May 13 from 2-2:30p.
- Tulip Time Photo Walk: Capture the peaceful, early morning beauty of tulips as they begin to open welcoming the new day. This new event will take you on a “before hours” Tulip Time Photo Walk through Windmill Island Gardens. The session will be led by Mike Lozon, Holland Area Arts Council photographer and instructor. The walk will include a brief tips and tricks presentation on how to achieve the best results when shooting landscapes and architecture, followed by a hands-on tour through beautiful Windmill Island Gardens. All participants will have the option to submit one photo taken during the class in a “Best Picture” competition. One winner will be selected per class. Winners will be awarded a Photography Quick Guide created by Mike Lozon, and will be featured on the Tulip Time website, and in future promotions. The sessions will be hosted rain or shine on Tuesday, May 8, Friday, May 11 and Saturday, May 12 from 6:30a-8a. Tickets are $35 per person and are available online at www.tuliptime.com/photo.
- The Tulip Time Festival Guide is now available offering complete details for the 2018 program. Festival Guides can be viewed online or you can request a copy at www.tuliptime.com/join.
Spring Into Summer Wine & Beer Tasting
- The Grill House in Allegan is hosting this event at Montage Market and The Silo Banquets and Catering are, once again, joining forces to put on another wine tasting event.
- There will be several varieties of wine along with a small selection of craft beer.
- Our talented kitchen staff will outdo themselves again with an amazing appetizer buffet. Buy your ticket today, spots are limited!
Olde World Village Events
- The Olde World Village in Augusta hosts events from May through December
- Coming up this month:
- Frontier Days May 5 & 6
- Buccaneer Bash May 12 & 13
- May’s in Michigan May 26-28
JW Marriott six.one.six new menu
- Six.one.six has a new menu with a casual French Bistro flair
- “Our vision is to create a dining experience that is underrepresented in West Michigan,” said Brian Behler, general manager, JW Marriott Grand Rapids. “With newly appointed Chef Alessandro Guerrazzi, classically trained in French cuisine and at the helm of the restaurant’s refresh, our team will deliver the highest level of French taste profiles to discerning diners interested in culturally distinct experiences.”
- Chef Alessandro Guerrazzi’s new menu features offerings that meld traditional French flavors and contemporary, local favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast staples include fresh baked pastries, charcuterie and cheese boards. Signature lunch and dinner dishes include: tarte flambée, onion soup gratinée, filet mignon au poivre, coq au vin and pear clafoutis.
- An expansive wine list will boast the largest selection of French wine in Grand Rapids
Lighthouse Map & Giveaway
This year’s edition of the Lake Michigan Lighthouse Map and Circle Tour is now available! Celebrating its 30th anniversary, the map showcases all of the lighthouses surrounding Lake Michigan, as well as the circle tour driving route around the lake. To celebrate the map’s 30th anniversary, you can even enter to win a two night stay at the Big Sable Point Lighthouse in Ludington! Request a free copy of the map by mail, view the map online, and enter to win a stay at the lighthouse at WMTA.org.