Mt. Wing-suvius is about to blow the minds of Whitecaps fans! This delicious creation is the winner of the 2018 West Michigan Whitecaps Fan Food Vote, it was a tight race with the wing ring volcano coming out victorious over a field of 10 worthy contenders. The Grub Glove, a mixture of buffalo chicken and mac ‘n cheese severed in a waffle cone, came in second with the healthiest option on the ballot option, Hey Pita, Pita, Pita! rounding out the top three.
Mt. Wing-suvius is an astonishing mixture of mac ’n cheese, beer cheese and buffalo chicken all combined to fill out the center of an onion ring tower. It is the brainchild of John King of Lansing who said, “When you can’t decide what to eat, just wing it!” With the amount of goodness in this entrée, we all should listen to John’s wise advice.
The Whitecaps solicited ideas for new food items back in January, whittled the list down to 10 finalists, and opened the voting to fans in February.
Mt. Wing-suvius isn’t the only new item in the Whitecaps food line-up this season. We’ve compiled an All-Star list of concession items fans for 2018:
- Westsider: This half-pound cheddar-infused kielbasa sausage is wrapped in bacon then fried and served on a sub bun.
- Swimmin’ Pig: – The original signature sandwich of the Whitecaps makes a return for our 25th season! It’s a 7oz. Pork Chop Sandwich, swimming in BBQ sauce and served on Kaiser Bun. These will be available on a limited basis. We’ll have 25 sandwiches available at 25 games this season. Opening Day and then every Thursday, Friday and Saturday home game from May 18th – Sept. 1.
- Spicy Boneless Wings: Fans that like a bit of heat on their food will love these. We have three flavors from which you can choose. Wimpy, Near Death and Death Nectar. We have tried all three and the Near Death is not something to be taken lightly. It’s ridiculously hot!
- The Big Wheel: This is Whitecaps manager Lance Parrish’s favorite ballpark sandwich, two 1/3 lb. hamburger patties. Add a Johnsonville Brat split down the middle and put cheese, onion, lettuce, etc. on top.
- Asian Noodle Bowls: For something different we have two choices of noodles, Yakisoba or Lo Mein, with your choice of Coconut Lime or Thai broth then your choice of carrots, sprouts, green onions, and Sriracha spices for toppings.
- Deep Fried Bananas Fosters Cheesecake Bites: Served with caramel dipping sauce.
- Shipwrecked: A new signature drink. Captain Morgan White, Captain Morgan Spiced, Blue Curacao and more all in a 64oz. fishbowl. Serves more than one (if desired). #shipwrecked
- Brew City Fries: These battered natural-cut style pub fries are the perfect complement to any entrée.
- Cheese Curds: A beer battered and deep-fried cheese curds. A little salute to our neighbors to the West.
The Whitecaps’ 25th season opener is set for Thursday, April 5, at 6:35 p.m. against the South Bend Cubs. The Whitecaps team will wear special jerseys to commemorate the 25th season, and those jerseys will be given away after the game in a Shirts Off Our Backs promotion presented by Fifth Third Bank. The first 1,000 fans through the gates will receive a 25th season replica jersey, courtesy of Fifth Third Bank. Post-game Family Fare Fireworks will conclude the opening day celebration. Individual game tickets, season tickets, groups and mini plans are on sale now and can be purchased online at www.whitecapsbaseball.com or by calling the Whitecaps at 616-784-4131.