Electric Bike Place (powered by MACkite) is thrilled to see innovations on one of the top selling bikes from Pedego’s line, the City Commuter. The following press release shows two new models, the Mid-Drive and the Black Edition. These bikes will be available for special purchase, but visitors of our storefront are welcome to try the original City Commuter .
The original City Commuter is based on a classic bike frame with the innovation of the top-selling electric bike across the country, the Pedego Interceptor . The City Commuter features five levels of pedal assistance and a throttle override with a top speed of 20 miles per hour. This electric bike features a fully covered chain guard and fenders with mud flaps to keep clothing clean and dry. With a variety of frame sizes, battery, and color options, there is no doubt why the Pedego City Commuter is one of the most popular electric bikes in Pedego’s line.
The Pedego® City Commuter has reached new heights of innovation this year as Pedego Electric Bikes reveals two exciting new versions of its popular electric bike model: The City Commuter Mid-Drive Edition, the industry’s only 48-volt, 500-watt mid-drive commuter bike; and the City Commuter Black Edition. Both are now available at more than 110 Pedego stores worldwide. Pedego is the Number 1 electric bike company in the United States.
The City Commuter’s Dutch street-style design has always been a favorite among Pedego fans, featuring a complete-coverage chain guard that protects clothing as commuters enjoy their rides to work. Now, the City Commuter is available with even more choices in style, assistance and premium upgrades.
Pedego City Commuter Mid-Drive Edition
Pedego’s new groundbreaking City Commuter Mid-Drive bike delivers best-in-class performance:
- The Mid-Drive motor offers a more natural riding experience that appeals to fit riders who want a controlled workout with steady, gentle assist while pedaling.Pedego’s PedalSenseTM (PAS) pedal-assist technology supports the Mid-Drive model’s natural riding experience. Pedego’s proprietary 6-level PAS is engineered to include the best of torque sensor programming that delivers an ultra-responsive electric bike.
- A twist-and-go throttle boosts the speed when a little extra assist is desired. All PAS levels work with throttle override, so riders can twist and go even faster than pedaling alone.
The Pedego City Commuter Mid-Drive Edition is available in a 28-inch Classic frame or a Step-thru frame in 28- or 26-inch sizes. Available starting at $2,995.
Pedego City Commuter Black Edition
The City Commuter Black Edition’s all-black styling brings it to the level of haute couture. Top-of-the-line amenities that make it truly exceptional include:
- Deluxe 10-speed drive train, offering smooth shifting and extra-confident pedaling down the path;
- Tektro Dorado hydraulic front and rear disc brakes with four-finger lever controls, providing the ultimate in stopping power with quiet, comfortable control and easy-grip braking;
- RST Air Shock front suspension, delivering a comfortable fit that welcomes more riders to the bike path;
- PedalSense technology, ensuring the bike senses the rider’s pedaling needs. Pedego’s proprietary 6-level PAS is engineered to include the best of cadence and torque sensor programming that delivers an ultra-responsive electric bike; and
- 500-watt motor, providing the power to climb hills and breeze through headwinds.
The City Commuter Black Edition comes in a 28-inch Classic frame or a Step-thru frame in 28- or 26-inch sizes. This bike will outpace all others on the path with a 48-volt, 15-amp-hour battery. Available starting at $3,795.
“The Pedego City Commuter has always been a hallmark of cutting-edge design,” said Pedego Electric Bikes CEO and co-founder Don DiCostanzo. “And now, with the new innovations of a Mid-Drive edition and the high-end Black Edition, the City Commuter zooms miles ahead of the rest.”
Pedego Electric Bikes come in 12 distinctive models. Pedego bikes have 500-watt hub motors that help riders cruise distances of 20 to 60 miles without getting tired and sweaty. The twist-and-go throttle gives riders instant manual control over their speeds while Pedal Assist automatically adds power to their pedaling. Riders love Pedego’s California-style cruisers, including the Pedego Platinum Interceptor, a fully loaded cruiser bike with a 48-volt battery that propels riders with extra power; the Pedego Interceptor, which boasts the same powerful 48-voltbattery; and Pedego’s Comfort Cruiser, which is powered by a 36-volt battery for gentle help with hills.
Also available are the sleek City Commuter; the sturdy Stretch cargo bike; the Trail Tracker fat-tire bike for riding on sand, gravel and snow; the Ridge Rider electric mountain bike; and the Latch, an ingenious folding bike, designed for portability and convenience. Other models include the electric tandem bike for two and the accessible Pedego Boomerang with an ultra-low step-thru frame. Pedego also offers the Airstream model for camping devotees. Free test rides are available at every Pedego store.