Click the above to play the video
Tea and Whiskey Weekend
- Hart House Bed and Breakfast is hosting its first “Experience Weekend” with a Tea and Whiskey weekend Jan. 26-28.
- Enjoy a winter weekend enticing your taste buds with specialty teas and whiskeys and learn about the art of these beverages from Michigan industry experts Colleen and Patrick Cannon.
- As a certified tea specialist with the Specialty Tea Institute, Colleen is uniquely prepared to offer her insight into the variety of flavors, origins and appearances of tea – the second most consumed beverage in the world.
- Patrick Cannon, is an expert presenter on scotch, bourbon and Irish whiskey tastings. Pat sets the stage by explaining the distillation processes and regional differences of each of the liquors. He then demonstrates how to taste and savor the spirits, while sharing tales of his travels and whiskey knowledge.
- The Tea and Whiskey Weekend Package (Jan. 26-28) includes:
– Two-night stay at the Hart House Bed & Breakfast
– Three-course gourmet breakfasts
– Friday night welcome reception & whiskey sampling: 6-9 p.m.
– Saturday tea instruction and Afternoon High Tea: 12-4 p.m.
– Saturday evening tea and whiskey mixer: 6-9 p.m.
- To reserve your stay at the Hart House Bed and Breakfast for the Tea and Whiskey Experience Weekend, call (231) 301-8221 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event posted by: Kingman Museum, Battle Creek
- Through 02/25/2018
- Free admission
- Dinosaur Days returns January to February in Kingman Museum’s lower level exhibit area, featuring fossils, dinosaur restorations, kids’ activities, videos and everything you could ever want to know about dinosaurs!
- Back by popular demand will be Vinnie the Velociraptor, a life-size restoration of the velociraptors seen in “Jurassic Park,” on loan from GeoScape Rock Shop in Paw Paw. Other items on display include:
- Real fossils of leg bones and vertebrae from the giant sauropod dinosaur Diplodocus
- A cast of an adult Tyrannosaurus rex brain case, only the size of a banana despite their huge size
- Casts of the first two complete skeletons of the feathered dinosaur Archaeopteryx
- Multiple bones from Allosaurus include the pelvis of one featuring the hole left from the fatal strike by a Stegosaurus tail spike.
- Kingman museum is open to the public Saturdays and Sundays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and to private tour and school groups during the week by appointment.
- January 2018 also marks the beginning of Kingman Museum’s new business model featuring free admission for the public year-round. This new move is intended to help individuals and families who couldn’t afford to come to the museum as often or at all enjoy a fun and educational experience. Planetarium shows cost only $2 per person per show, with a show 15 minutes after each hour.
6th Annual Chili Tour
- Event posted by: St. Joseph Today
- Date(s) – 01/26/2018, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Downtown St. Joseph
- Cost $2
- Warm up with us on the last Friday of January (Jan. 26) as downtown St. Joe hosts a Chili Tour presented by the Hilton Garden Inn! Participating locations or “Chili Stops” will play host as you have the opportunity to try their best recipes.
- Get started at the Welcome Center! Day of registration and Chili Tour Map pick-up available on January 26 from 9am-8pm. It costs $2 per participant (includes a Chili Tour Map). A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Benton Harbor Soup Kitchen.
- A judged portion of this event will give participating locations a chance to showcase their chili in front of a panel of judges from the Southwest Michigan culinary scene. The winning location will host the Chili Pepper trophy for the remainder of the year until the next tour – always the last Friday in January.
- Participants vote for their FAVORITE chili recipe. The winning location will host the People’s Choice Chili Pepper trophy for the remainder of the year until the next contest. To votes, please turn in your Chili Map by Noon on Saturday January 27!
Fableist Wine Dinner
- Hosted by Sandy Point Beach House, West Olive
- Thursday, February 1st at 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Join us for a Fableist Wine Dinner on Thursday, February 1 beginning at 6:30pm.
- James Van Der Kolk of I-Lixir Beverage will be hosting this event.
- Four course dinner paired with specialty wines. Courses include pate`, alaskan king crab, veal tenderloin, and peanut butter cup s’mores.
- The cost is $65 per guest. Reservations are required; please call us at 616.796.8210 to reserve your seat.