Click to view if above video doesn’t load
Fremont Harvest Festival
- October 5 – October 7. Join us for our annual Harvest Festival Celebration!
- Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on the many fun filled activities for ALL ages, such as: Pumpkin Bowling, Seed Spitting, the Antique Tractor Show, Face Painting, Homemade Salsa Contest, the Harvest Festival Flea Market, Farmer’s Market, the Harvest Time Parade, Fremont’s Taste of the Harvest and everyone’s favorite, the Hay Art Contest!!
- Vote for your favorite with canned goods in the Fremont Chamber Office, located at 7 East Main Street. After the winners are announced, all canned goods brought in will be donated to TrueNorth’s Food Pantry!!!
Bonteboktoberfest at Binder Park Zoo
- October 14, 2017 from 6pm to 10pm. Binder Park Zoo’s annual fundraiser.
- Beer lovers pour into the Zoo to savor specialty microbrews, fantastic food, and top-notch entertainment at Bonteboktoberfest, one of the most popular beer events in the region.
- Named for the bontebok—a rare species of antelope living on the savanna in the Zoo’s Wild Africa exhibit—this after-hours party celebrates all things “beer” and features fun and games like the Conservation Carousel Derby and chances to win prizes, all while supporting the conservation efforts of the Zoo.
- Admission includes: Collectable tasting glass, 12 drink tickets, “Small bite” food pairings from Taste of the Wild Catering, Musical entertainment by The Andrew Leahey & the Homestead and Matt Hires plus the Ufkes duo under the Lounge Tent, Live animal encounters, Free Z.O. & O. train rides and more
- Tickets are limited: Save by purchasing early on BPZ’s website
Famous Pumpkin Train
- Fall is in the air and that means the Coopersville and Marne Railway is getting ready to depart its annual Famous Pumpkin Train. Adults: $19.75, Seniors (60+): $18.75, Children (2-12): $17.75. Children under two years old get a free ticket.
- All children’s tickets include a pumpkin that they can pick from the track-side pumpkin patch.
- The train will depart Saturdays: Sept. 30, Oct. 7, and 14 at 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Saturdays: Oct., 21 and 28 at 11 am, 1:30 p.m. & 3:30 p.m. Sundays: Oct 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29 at 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m.
- The Famous Pumpkin and her cast of delightful musical characters will “enterTRAIN” you and your guests during the 90-minute ride through family owned farms and fields.
- During the journey the costumed characters will sing, dance, and entertain the kiddos.
- All of the vintage train cars are decorated for the season. Some cars are almost 100 years old. Each railcar is heated and has a restroom.
- The locomotive is a 1950’s era diesel/electric engine.
- Kids 12 and under are encouraged to come in costume for some holiday fun, and yes, adults may dress up too.
Arts & Eats Tour
- Join us for our 7th Annual Arts and Eats Tour ~ October 21-22, 2017!
- Arts and Eats is a free self-driving tour of Allegan and Barry Counties and the surrounding rural region.
- Experience art, local food, and agriculture in those little out-of-the-way places that beg to be discovered.
- Visit with local artisans in their studios (Historic Charlton Park, Khnemu Studio), see working farms featuring specialty food crops, fiber, and heritage animals (A.W. Overhiser Orchards, McIntosh Orchards & Winery). Should hunger strike, stop in one of our local gems that serve food made with ingredients from area farms and producers (Four Roses Cafe, Crane’s Pie Pantry, Walldorff Brewpub & Bistro).
- Download the map, or use the online version to plan your trip
- Map (page 6): http://www.artsandeats.org/Map.pdf
- The Inn at Harbor Shores in St. Joseph has a Spooktacular Package, perfect for families who want the Inn at Harbor Shores experience with a touch of Halloween fun along the way.
- Enjoy a standard room with pool access, a Halloween inspired buffet, a showing of Hotel Transylvania, pumpkin painting following the movie, Halloween s’mores, and 10% off the spa (for parents to treat themselves).
- Available on Friday, October 13th.