Apple Fest at Virtue Cider
- Virtue Cider in Fennville is hosting their 2nd Annual Apple Fest from September 28th to October 1st. They’ll be releasing this year’s batch of their farmhouse cider, Percheron, and will host different activities each day.
- Join us for fall fun at Virtue Farm including apple-pressing demos, cidermaking lessons, apple-bobbing, cart rides drawn by Percheron horses, local food for purchases, outdoor concerts from Bones Jugs and ¡ESSO Afrojam Funkbeat and much more!
- If you can’t make it for the event, or you would like an in-depth look at Virtue Cider’s operations, they host Harvest-Time Tours every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, where you can learn how they make cider using all Michigan-grown apples.
Harvest Fest at Muskegon Farmers Market
- The Muskegon Farmers Market will hold its annual Harvest Fest on Saturday, September 23rd from 10am to 1pm with music, giveaways, food samples, and crafts for sale!
- Haven’t been to the farmers market before? In addition to great local produce, they offer cooking classes all year, and a flea market on Wednesdays from May through October
Rockford Brewing’s 5th Annual Harvest Fest Beer Tent
- Rockford Brewing Company (RBC) is hosting their 5th annual Harvest Festival beer tent to coincide with the Rockford Chamber of Commerce Harvest Festival, September 22-24. The weekend will feature specialty food and beer, live music from popular local musicians and a group bike ride.
- Attendees will be able to enjoy more than ten RBC craft brews including their seasonal Chinook Harvest Ale, made with Michigan Chinook hops.
- The award-winning RBC kitchen will be providing a build-your-own brat bar with lots of toppings.
- Live entertainment starts at 8 p.m. on Friday, September 22 with music from The Muteflutes. On Saturday, September 23 there will be open mic from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. and music from Hazy Past at 8 p.m.An Dro wraps up the weekend on Sunday, September 24 from 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Rockford Brewing Company and The Mitten Brewing Company are also hosting a group bike ride on Sunday, September 24. This free biking event will start with brunch and beers at The Mitten Brewing Company at 10 a.m. Then riders will head to the RBC Harvest Festival beer tent at noon via the White Pine Trail.
Marshall Skeleton Fest
- The rib-tickling excitement begins September 30 with two amazing events; the Marshall Skeleton Fest Kick-Off Party and the Marshall Pub & Grub Crawl.
- First, grab the kids and head downtown to the family-friendly Marshall Skeleton Fest Kick-Off Party from 2 to 5 p.m. You will be dancing in the street to the live music of The EcoLimes as they play such favorites as Monster Mash, Thriller and Bad to the Bone. The fun continues with balloon animals and creations made by “Scoop the Balloonatic” and face-painting. Treat yourself to mouth-watering treats from food vendors. Stroll through downtown and take selfies with the 28, 5-foot tall “humorous” skeletons; have your pulse checked by the skeleton doctor, hang out with a coffee drinking skeleton, or play a game of Twister with a skeleton.
- The excitement continues into Saturday evening with the Marshall Pub & Grub Crawl from 5 to 9 p.m. Start at Dark Horse Brewery and pick up your souvenir Skeleton Fest beer glass, which will be your ticket to discounts on delicious appetizer and drink specials at numerous bars and restaurants in the skeleton-decorated downtown area. Dark Horse also will feature a frighteningly tasty Skeleton Fest brew.
- Skeleton Fest and Pub & Grub Crawl t-shirts (glow in the dark) are available for purchase at the Marshall Welcome Center located at 323 W. Michigan Ave.