Strawberry Social at Barden’s Farm Market
- Barden’s Farm Market in South Haven June 17th & 18th
- Please join us for our wonderful Strawberry Social both Saturday and Sunday!
- This event is to show our appreciation for your support and friendship and of course because we have amazing fantastic customers!
- We will be serving FREE strawberry shortcakes. Shortcakes will be made with Strawberries fresh from our farm and biscuits fresh from Barden’s bakery.
- Thanks again with everyone’s support we made it to 22 years in business!
Traverse City Wine & Cider Festival
- Enjoy the 9th Annual Traverse City Wine & Cider Festival on the front lawn of the Village at Grand Traverse Commons. Beautiful location with great local wine, food, music and art.
- Saturday, June 24th, 3pm-9pm
- Local Wines and Hard Ciders: Wines will be flowing into your glass as wineries from Northern Michigan feature great wines reflective of local terroir. Taste from a selection of local wines from 20 wineries and cideries.
- Indulge Fresh, Local Fare: Savor the flavors of fresh, local fare handmade by area chefs. Pair your wine with small plates for an ultimate culinary experience.
- Be Entertained Live Music: Perfect pairing with local wine, local fare and fine art, enjoy live musical performances by Oh Brother, Big Sister; Carsie Blanton, G-Snacks and E Minor.
Cheetah Chase 5k
- The Cheetah Chase is one of the most unique 5K events in Michigan and a favorite at Binder Park Zoo!
- Saturday, June 24th
- Runners of all ages and abilities complete a 5K covering two continents—sprinting all the way to “Africa” and back.
- Kangaroos, wolves, and giraffe will be on-hand to watch participants race through the Zoo, whether in the 5K Gazelle Gallop of the 5K Sloth Walk.
- You can even book an overnight adventure in one of the zoo’s new African Tented Camps, and stop to feed the giraffes in Wild Africa
Mackinac Island Getaway
- Visit the Island House Hotel on Mackinac Island for their 165th Anniversary Celebration July 7th and 8th
- Special package for the celebration:
- Two nights lodging in a well appointed room
- Admission to the birthday party on Friday evening. Soothing sounds by pianist John Kissane, hors d’eurves and delicious cake
- Exclusive invitation to an informal dialogue with Phil Porter, Director of Mackinac State Historic Parks and hotel owner, Todd Callewaert to hear the fascinating history of the hotel and ask in-depth questions about how the Callewaert family acquired the landmark, restored it to the current beauty, and how they plan to continue preservation
- Round-trip Mackinac Island ferry tickets
- In-room amenity of sparkling wine served in souvenir limited edition anniversary wine flutes and a decadent Ryba’s Mackinac Island fudge flight
- $40 dining certificate