D-Day Plus 73 at USS LST 393 in Muskegon
- The D-Day Plus 73 event is happening Saturday, June 3 beginning at 11:00am aboard the USS LST 393 Veterans Museum! Free event.
- This community-wide commemoration of the sacrifices made by America’s heroes in World War II is sponsored by Rolling Thunder Michigan Chapter 4 veterans support group and
- USS LST 393 Veterans Museum, a ship that was at Omaha Beach on D-Day 72 years ago for the invasion of Normandy.
- All proceeds benefit the museum.
- The day will include a pancake breakfast with the Lions, a caravan of World War II era vehicles, motorcycle escort of the Michigan version of the Vietnam War Memorial, a classic car show and a motorcycle run throughout the county that any vehicle is welcome to join.
- There will be veteran and military displays, local food vendors, a free kids zone area with games, free tours of LST 393, an aerial display by historic aircraft, a Muskegon D-Day Pinup Contest, “Movies on Deck” “Monuments Men” Friday night and much, much more! Call David Johnson at 231-777-1016 for more information.
Summer Fun with Duneshore Boating
- If you’re visiting the White Lake Area this summer, up your fun with a boat rental from Duneshore Boating.
- Duneshore Boating now does weekly rentals only. We deliver to your White Lake waterfront rental house or cottage, where you will keep the boat from Saturday afternoon until the following Saturday morning.
- Upon delivery, Duneshore will spend approximately 45 minutes with the boat operator(s) to complete the paperwork and do a complete orientation. Please click on our Rental Policies page for more details.
- If you love boats, beaches, beautiful harbors, and fun, you’ve come to the right place. Nestled along the dune-swept West Michigan shoreline, White Lake offers it all.
- Whether you’re looking for miles of white sandy beaches, quaint resort towns, a beautiful historic lighthouse, or just boating and relaxing, you’ll find it all right here in the best spot on the Great Lakes. Learn more about the White Lake Area and the towns of Montague and Whitehall.
Grand Rapids Festival of the Arts
- The Festival of the Arts in Grand Rapids is a free, three-day community event from June 2nd to 4th
- Festival of the Arts is a FREE three-day community event that features several stages of performances, a juried Regional Arts Exhibition, and dozens of food booths run by non-profit organizations.
- Plus, creative activities for children and adults to enjoy making their own art as well as purchasing art from West Michigan artists.
- This year the Rosa Parks Circle area has been set aside especially for kids at Kid’s World!
- Every purchase at Festival from food to art to t-shirts and posters gives back to the West Michigan community.
- Festival draws hundreds of thousands of people each year to celebrate the arts and kick off summer.
Spring Lake Heritage Festival
- Spring Lake Heritage Festival is a fun-filled festival week with many events for all ages. This annual summer event in Spring Lake, Michigan is a wonderful opportunity to spend quality time with family and friends
- June 12th-17th, 2017
- Annual Car Show
- Artisan & Street Market
- Wings on the Water cooking competition
- Family Fun Night on Wednesday, with a community picnic, ice cream social, hands-on exhibit from the Tri-Cities Historical Museum, and kids can see & sit in local firetrucks and patrol vehicles.