- If you’re in need of some community fun in Coldwater, the annual IceFest returns on January 28th.
- Check out more than 20 custom-carved ice blocks that line the streets of downtown Coldwater.
- Warm up during the Battle of the Bowls soup and chili cook-off, and vote for your favorite!
- Later that night is the second annual United We Crawl Pub Crawl! Each stop will feature drink specials and fun games.
- Along the crawl, stop at Tibbits Opera House to see a performance by Foreigners Journey.
- IceFest is sure to be a day filled with fun for everybody in the family, topped off with a great crawl around town!
Concerts Under the Stars
- The Grand Rapids Public Museum (GRPM) is launching a new series – Concerts Under the Stars – in the Chaffee Planetarium in 2017.
- Visitors will enjoy this brand new program featuring a fully immersive audio and visual experience.
- Live concerts begin on January 19, and will be held monthly through April, 2017.
- The first concert in the series on January 19 will feature electronic and house music by Joshua Tree. His music is described as contemplative yet provocative analog electronic movements in the classic techno/IDM style.
- Concerts begin at 7:30 p.m., with doors opening at 6:30 p.m. Refreshments, beer and other beverages will be available for purchase.
Wine About Winter
- Friday, January 13
- What better place to “wine” away those winter blues than at the annual Wine About Winter?
- Each January, a collection of businesses in Grand Haven’s Main Street district invite the public to sample wines and check out art from local artists.
- As guests sip on samples of Shiraz and Chardonnay, area artists offer talks about their works, all of which are displayed at the various venues as part of Wine About Winter.
- Tasting packages are $10 in advance of the event and include a commemorative wine glass and starter tasting tickets. Tasting packages will be available for purchase beginning in November, 2016 at Santo Stefano del Laggo. Watch for further details to come soon!
- The trolley will be available to take you between all of the participating businesses from 6-9pm.
- When the winter weather is at its worst, head down to Grand Haven’s Main Street and “wine” a bit. You’ll feel better!
- RSVP and invite your friends to join you via our Wine About Winter Facebook event page
Party in Your Parka
- Saturday, January 21 from 11:00am-11:00pm, come to the Muskegon Winter Sports Complex for Michigan’s largest birthday celebration, “Party in Your Parka!”
- Muskegon Winter Sports Complex and Watermark Live present Party In Your Parka, an all day celebration of Michigan’s 180th birthday in Muskegon State Park.
- Come out for winter sports during the day, including ice skating, snowshoeing, cross country skiing and luge.
- From 11am to 6pm check out the Made In The Mitten Art Tent featuring local artists, live music & craft beer and wine.
- After 6pm head out to the luge lounge for a DJ dance party from Modern Entertainment, Live performances from Nordlund and headlining act, Flexadecibel.
- This is a free event. The Michigan DNR Recreation Passport is required for parking at the Winter Sports Complex.