Reindeer at Robinette’s
- Robinettes in Grand Rapids is hosting Santa and his reindeer on Saturday, December 3rd from noon to 3pm.
- Tell Santa what you want for Christmas before bringing the reindeer a much needed treat. They’re preparing for their trip around the globe, so make sure that you see them before they go!
- Free family event on Saturday, December 3rd from 12pm-3pm.
- Great chance to check out the Gift Barn & Winery while you’re there!
Nouveau Fest at Fenn Valley Winery
- Saturday, December 3rd, 2016, 1-5PM Eastern Time
- Nouveau Fest is a celebration of the first wine of the new vintage. 2016 will mark the 25th annual event to commemorate this special occasion. Admission to this event is FREE and glasses of Nouveau will be offered at a discounted rate.
- New for 2016, Live Music! Randy Reszka will join us and play a combination of instrumental jazz and holiday music.
- The Fenn Valley Nouveau is a dry red wine from the current vintage. Expect a fruity wine, full of berry flavors with a smooth finish. It is a perfect addition to any holiday party table or as a wine to sip in front of the fireplace during those cold winter months.
- Several varieties of homemade pizza will be offered at the event, allowing you to experiment with pairing your favorite wines with different pizza samples. This is also an opportunity for you to taste wines from the 2016 vintage on one of our cellar tours which will run all afternoon. This is a great way to kick-off your holiday celebrations
- A Dickens themed holiday event on December 3rd and 4th, Saturday & Sunday in Augusta (about 1 hr south of GR)
- A fun-filled event to celebrate the holiday season With the carolers and stage shows
- Great for the whole family, with amazing arts and crafts, shows, vendors, food, and so much more.
- That’s even not to mention Santa and his elves!
- Admission is only $10 and kids 12 and under are free!
Holiday Art Sale at Kalamazoo Institute of Arts
- 43rd Annual Holiday Art Sale: December 2 & 3, with member preview night on the 1st
- Every year, the KIA is transformed into a bustling marketplace for its annual Holiday Art Sale.
- This Kalamazoo tradition fills the museum lobby and art school studios with hand-crafted ceramics; jewelry; fused glass wearables and decor; hand-woven scarves and accessories; paintings; functional and decorative ceramics; framed photographs, prints, and paintings; and metal sculpture.
- More than 1,000 shoppers annually find one-of-a-kind gifts, wearable art, and home decor. The museum often sees a spike in membership from those seeking early shopping benefits.
- On view will be the work of more than 150 artists who teach or take classes at the Kirk Newman Art School. All of the work is created by art school students and faculty in the studios and classrooms of the art school, and proceeds support the artists and the school.
- Window shopping welcome – and free admission to the galleries too.