The Muskegon County Convention & Visitors Bureau is rebranding as “Visit Muskegon.” We are looking for a new visual identity and need your help! We are seeking anyone who can design a creative, innovative, and professional logo design. The logo should be recognizable and help promote our organization’s vision:
To add to the economic prosperity of the County by establishing Muskegon as the venue of choice for leisure visitors, meeting and convention planners, and sports tournament directors as one of the state’s premier Lake Michigan shoreline destinations.
The rest is up to you! Please read below for more details regarding logo design, contest rules and submission requirements.
How to Enter
The contest begins on December 1, 2016. Submissions will be accepted through January 6, 2017. Winners will be announced via social media and by direct contact to the winner’s email accounts. In order for your entry to be submitted and reviewed by our judges, all entries must
- Submitted directly to Caitlin Ward, Caitlin@VisitMuskegon.org;
- Submitted in their original source file: a scalable vector file, 300 dpi or higher, such as an Adobe Illustrator (.ai) or Encapsulated PostScript (.eps) file;
- Also submit a high resolution .pdf and .jpg file of the design; and
- Identify the colors used in the logo design.
- Professional: The new “Visit Muskegon” logo may be featured on our annual visitors guide, website, social media platforms, and other mediums (stationary, pamphlets, wearables, etc). As a result, the logo must be eye-catching and legible.
- Theme: Logo must represent Muskegon County by way of natural resources, attractions, historic landmarks, etc.
- Color: There are no limitations and any colors may be used. However, logo must be readable and identifiable in color (if any) or black and white.
- Integrity: Logos cannot contain copyrighted material. Logos must have been created and edited by the contestant(s). Logos may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published. Must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting.
- Brand Specifics: The logo must contain the words “Visit Muskegon”
Winners will be selected by the Visit Muskegon staff. Contestants agree that Visit Muskegon may publish their logo and name(s) and may use both for future advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials. Contestants assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to the Muskegon County Convention & Visitors Bureau, dba Visit Muskegon. Additionally, Visit Muskegon may alter, modify or revise the logo as necessary to achieve the goals of the organization. Visit Muskegon reserves the right to select no winner if, at its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
Contest winner will receive a $250 Visa Gift card and a Visit Muskegon Gift Basket, including a
gift certificate for one night’s stay at The Shoreline Inn and four passes to the Muskegon Winter
Sports Complex (and bragging rights!).