New Year's Eve
This New Year's Eve, surround yourself with friends and family, sing "Auld Lang Syne" and ring in 2014 with West Michigan. Whether it be a posh party or family fun, there's something for everyone!
New Year's Eve in West Michigan
Check back for more updates as we get closer to December 31!
- Battle Creek CVB: New Year’s Day Splash: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 from 11:30 AM to Noon. Ever wanted to do the Polar Plunge? Here is your chance at the New Year’s Day Splash at Goguac Lake! Ring in 2014 with a chilly splash in the lake. Receive a souvenir, hot beverages, and snacks.
- GRAM: The Grand Rapids Art Museum will be open until midnight!
- Grand Rapids Children’s Museum: Ring in the New Year with a night of play at the Grand Rapids Children's Museum New Year's Early Eve! December 31st, 6:00pm-8:00pm with a countdown and balloon drop at 7:30! Decorate a noisemaker, make a firework picture, grab a party hat, enjoy refreshments from FooDesign and play your way into 2014! Tickets are $12 per person, $10 for museum members, and are available by calling 616-235-4726.
- Riverfront Hotel: For New Year's Eve we are offering many special packages, with complimentary late check out at 2pm the following day! They're hosting a Private Party with The John Brown Trio, and $5 cover to join them in The Landing Lounge for their New Year's Eve party.
- Swiss Ski Valley has a great celebration for New Year’s Eve! There will be two parties: family style & traditional. Complimentary Never-Ever-Skied-Before lessons. Torch Light parade and just a great time! Visit their website for more information.
- Food Dance celebrates New Year's Eve annually with a 5 course prixe fixe menu, reservations from 5-9:30pm. They are booked solid every year. It's a great way to spend the evening in downtown Kalamazoo. There are fireworks at midnight and a NYE celebration downtown.
- Most of Mackinac Island’s hotels and B&Bs close down at the end of October and do not reopen until May. An overnight stay is necessary to experience the true seclusion and serenity that the Island has to offer. Here are a few hidden gems that remain open during the magic of New Year. The Great Turtle Dropping (similar to the New York Ball Dropping) happens at the stroke of midnight on New Year’s Eve and is truly a memorable experience. Stay at The Lilac Tree Suites & Spa, The Cottage Inn Bed & Breakfast, or The Pontiac Lodge, all open for New Years.
- There's lots going on over the New Year Holiday at Four Winds Casino! Their New Year’s Eve party includes a performance by Kenny Loggins at Silver Creek Event Center starting at 11 p.m. Tickets are $100 and available through Ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000. There is also a free show at Hard Rock Cafe Four Winds featuring PS Dump Your Boyfriend beginning at 11 p.m. on December 31st. The start of an exciting New Year calls for a celebration, so grab your family and friends and get to Four Winds New Buffalo for our special New Year’s buffets. Indulge in a lavish selection of entrees from around the globe including lobster, crab legs, prime rib and more. And delight yourself with a luscious array of desserts like rich home style fudge and a flowing chocolate fountain. New Year’s Eve Buffet will run December 31 from 4pm-2am, and New Year’s Day Buffet will run January 1 from 11am-9pm.
- New Years Eve brings special dinners and celebration at Saugatuck area restaurants. Ring in the New Year with waterfront fireworks at Midnight.
Sault St. Marie
- Kewadin Casino will be having an "Around the World" New Years Eve party on Dec. 31.
- The Annual Cherry-T Ball Drop in Traverse City is a huge event -- “like Times Square, just bit smaller with a Northern Michigan feel.” The 200 block of Front Street in downtown Traverse City is blocked off at 4 pm New Year’s Eve for live music, fun, live entertainment, DJ, a visit from the Coast Guard and the dropping of a giant lighted cherry to mark the end of 2013. Admission is $3 (or 3 cans of nonperishable food items) and proceeds go to Goodwill and other charities. Cherry-T, get it?